Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Cycle ... sorta





Pic #1 - Home to Rochester
Pic #2 - Mileage
Pic #3 - '76 KZ400 Kawasaki

All of my posts up until now have been about my K100LT Beemer! Today was a very interesting day. It started out with a breakfast with the Cornerstone Cruisers held at Calvary EFC church here in Rochester. A group of them were heading out to Cookson Hill Christian Ministries in Oklahoma for a week. I had planned to ride all day long so I had a "free" day anyways. Well I've been looking for an old cycle to tear apart and learn about what makes it all work inside. To do this I ended up trading our '94 Jeep Cherokee with 277K for the above cycle. We haven't been driving it for a few of months. We've had the Jeep since Dec '93, that's 17years of our 19years of being married - wow, Aimee and I felt like we were losing a close friend - yeah right.... it is just a hunk of metal on wheels. I ended up riding the KZ all the way home to Rochester. Had it stall out once and couldn't get it started, yet after it sat for a while I was able to start it. So now I've got a retro motorcycle I can work on and "restore" - we'll see. The LT is definitely more comfortable, however, i'm way surprised that it did cruise at 60/65mph at no problem. It will be a fun 'around the town' cycle.

No comments: